Hi! Are you new to My Flying Leap? Here is what it’s all about..
My Flying Leap
My Flying Leap is a blog about a woman (that’s me!) with a passion for travel who wants to become an expat traveling the world with her dog. Click here to learn more.
Are you itching for a change in your life, but you’re not sure what you want to do? You know you love to travel and want to see the world, but it’s hard with a full-time job and life commitments. Selling everything you own and moving abroad is for other people—not you. So you try to quell the yearning and tell yourself you don’t need that. You have a great life!
Maybe you want to travel more but you’re not sure how to get started or where to go. Guided tours cost so much money but you get overwhelmed thinking about everything you have to do in order to plan a trip. So,
Or maybe you love to read about other people’s travel adventures, but you’re not excited by the prospect of packing a bag and getting on a plane for a gazillion hours. Have I got the adventures for you!
Do what inspires you and makes your heart sing when it feels right. There’s always a way.
What My Flying Leap is About
The inspiration for the name of this site is from a quote I read many years ago by Margaret Shephard: “Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.”
You’ll see the following:
- My travel adventures including recommendations and things to avoid and sharing my own experiences in “Destinations“
- Travel tips and tricks that I have learned from my years of travel in “Travel Tips“
- Transitioning to become an expat and a digital nomad, and the process that I’m working through to get there (post is here)
- Solo travel, which I have grown to love and think everyone should do occasionally in “Solo Travel” (under “Travel Tips”)
- Traveling with pets, because once I move abroad I plan to go with my pup, Jagger, also in “Traveling with Pets” (under “Travel Tips”)
I’m so ready. Are you?