Hi! Are you new to My Flying Leap? I’m so excited you’re here and would love to share a little bit about this website so you can see if it’s you’re interested in following along with my adventures. Here is what it’s all about.
My Flying Leap
My Flying Leap is a blog about a woman (that’s me!) with a passion for travel who wants to become an expat traveling the world with her dog. Click here to learn more about me.
Are you itching for a change in your life, but you’re not sure what you want to do? You know you love to travel and want to see the world, but it’s hard with a full-time job and life commitments. Selling everything you own and moving abroad is for other people—not you. So you try to quell the yearning and tell yourself you don’t need that. You have a great life!
Maybe you want to travel more but you’re not sure how to get started or where to go. Guided tours cost so much money but you get overwhelmed thinking about everything you have to do in order to plan a trip. So,
Or maybe you love to read about other people’s travel adventures, but you’re not excited by the prospect of packing a bag and getting on a plane for a gazillion hours. Have I got the adventures for you!
Do what inspires you and makes your heart sing when it feels right. It doesn’t matter if you want to travel virtually, part-time, or full-time. There’s always a way to take your flying leap.
What My Flying Leap is About
It took me a while to come up with a name to represent this blog. The inspiration is from a quote I read many years ago by Margaret Shephard: “Sometimes your only available transportation is a leap of faith.” My Flying Leap is about pursuing your passion for travel and creating a life with travel as a focus, no matter what that looks like.
You’ll see the following:
- Incredible travel destinations by country featuring my travel adventures with recommendations to do and things to avoid in “Destinations.” Be prepared to be inspired and to fall in love with countries before you go. Or, perhaps reconnect with a place you may have been.
- Travel tips and tricks that I have learned from my years of travel in “Travel Tips.” These include two sections:
- Traveling with pets (which I do mostly locally now until I plan to move abroad with my pup, Jagger), and
- Travel planning and safety, to help you organize your trips and stay safe while you’re away.
- Transitioning to become an expat and a digital nomad, and the process that I’m working through to get there (post is here). As I start to make this shift in my life, you’ll see more posts about it.
- Solo travel, which I have grown to love and think everyone should do at least once in “Solo Travel.” (Be warned, you might really enjoy it and surprise yourself!)
- If you’re looking for information on a specific country I have written about, “Travel guides, itineraries and helpful tips” is the place for you. You’ll find travel guides with the top things to see and do, itineraries, and some destination-specific tips.
So, are you in?
Change can be scary, but it can also be exhilarating! So, it’s important to go at your own pace and know that you can change your mind and continue evolving. I certainly have! What’s right for others may not quite fit you and your life, and that’s ok.
So, if you’re looking to find ways to add more travel to your life, check out My Flying Leap. I’m so excited you’re here!